styled-jsx made me love
Thoughts that will become an article
- Building a site with next -> styled-jsx is built in
- Searching the addition of custom fonts, there's a nice and quick plugin for Next to add them
- It also has an example for styled-component's SSR version, so consider me intrigued
- Global styles are easy and cool, page specific styles quickly become a mess in styled-jsx
- I want some oversight, so refactoring styles to styled-components then it is
- Immediately there's more structure because we're thinking in components
- Obviously, this could be done in styled-jsx as well, and I wonder why no detailed examples are in the repo?
- They link an article on how to get started but show no real usable examples. sad.gif
- Refactoring global styles to styled-components was a breeze, ugh.
Possible additions for this or a future article
- Research into multiple css-in-js frameworks
- Research into css-in-js and ssr
- freestyler has an article on css-in-js generations, styled-jsx looks a lot like 5th gen css-in-jss
- typestyle is another cool library, but styled-components has cool features